Job Hunting
August and ongoing ……
I read an article in the local newspaper the other day that compared job hunting to marriage and divorce in terms of stressful life events! I wouldn’t put it quite up there, but can't say it’s that fun! It’s a non-stop emotional roller coaster of hope and rejection! Maybe it should be compared to dating! Ha! Steve, Cindy (moved here from Vancouver 1 day after us) and I have formed a job support group and we’ve been spending time visiting agents, applying for jobs on line (thank goodness for the internet), getting excited when our phones ring and trying to remember exactly what we have applied for! Also we have been finding ways to lead a cheap London existence! Overall it seems like there are tons of good jobs out there, check out www.reed.co.uk to see just how many! Maybe we'll see you here : ). We just have to overcome the no UK experience hurdle and keep plugging away. Anyway, I’m sure no one is feeling too too sorry for us as we traipse around London, so I’ll keep my fingers crossed and I won’t complain!
I read an article in the local newspaper the other day that compared job hunting to marriage and divorce in terms of stressful life events! I wouldn’t put it quite up there, but can't say it’s that fun! It’s a non-stop emotional roller coaster of hope and rejection! Maybe it should be compared to dating! Ha! Steve, Cindy (moved here from Vancouver 1 day after us) and I have formed a job support group and we’ve been spending time visiting agents, applying for jobs on line (thank goodness for the internet), getting excited when our phones ring and trying to remember exactly what we have applied for! Also we have been finding ways to lead a cheap London existence! Overall it seems like there are tons of good jobs out there, check out www.reed.co.uk to see just how many! Maybe we'll see you here : ). We just have to overcome the no UK experience hurdle and keep plugging away. Anyway, I’m sure no one is feeling too too sorry for us as we traipse around London, so I’ll keep my fingers crossed and I won’t complain!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home