London Living

Friday, September 01, 2006

New Digs!

Our lease came to an end at our apartment, so Steve and I decided to try on something different. I've always wanted to live in one of the lovely, old buildings that line the streets of London. A five minute walk from our old flat, we found a charming little place, a 'conversion' (old house chopped into 3 flats) w/ interesting decor, a fireplace, high ceilings, plaster mouldings and lovely french doors. We downsized in rent and as a trade off in kitchen and bathroom size. Smallest kitchen ever! 3/4 bath tub! After moving in we soon learned about the flip side of charming, 'old' also brings the largest ugliest toilet seat ever, leaky toilets, precarious shelving, zero insulation, cold air coming through the french doors and a rather nasty incident with a mouse/rat (I saw it and I think rat!). We have also learned to live with a particularly nasty bird who likes to constantly crap on our entrance way!! Back to positive, we do like the location, great people watching and the neighbours are very nice! It would be great to own this place and really fix it up, but since we don't own it, it's equally great that we have a short term lease!!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home