Back to Reality
October 2005
After the tortures of job-hunting (which always doesn’t seem quite as bad once you land a job), Steve and I are finally employed! Yipeee! and it’s off to work we go! Steve has already been working for the past few weeks. He got a job with the British Airport Authority working in the environmental area. BAA oversees a number of airports including Heathrow, Gatwick, the airport in Scotland and a few others. Steve loves planes, so I think it’s a good match for him! He works often out at Heathrow and while that may sound like a tough slog, don’t feel bad cause after a 15 minute walk to Paddington station, he’s enjoying the airy, clean and comfortable 15 minute ride on the Heathrow Express! I start working next week and will be enjoying (not really) a very crowded, smelly and stuffy tube ride (at least it's not summer!) out to Waterloo station. I am working in HR at the Ernst & Young (the land of financiers & accountants!) office out there. The most "I'm working in London" part of the job (I guess besides the British people and their accents - but that's already sounding like normal to me now!!) is the view from my desk of Big Ben and the London Eye! Pretty cool!


Overall, we are both quite happy where we have landed job-wise and I guess over the next few months we’ll see how it goes!!
After the tortures of job-hunting (which always doesn’t seem quite as bad once you land a job), Steve and I are finally employed! Yipeee! and it’s off to work we go! Steve has already been working for the past few weeks. He got a job with the British Airport Authority working in the environmental area. BAA oversees a number of airports including Heathrow, Gatwick, the airport in Scotland and a few others. Steve loves planes, so I think it’s a good match for him! He works often out at Heathrow and while that may sound like a tough slog, don’t feel bad cause after a 15 minute walk to Paddington station, he’s enjoying the airy, clean and comfortable 15 minute ride on the Heathrow Express! I start working next week and will be enjoying (not really) a very crowded, smelly and stuffy tube ride (at least it's not summer!) out to Waterloo station. I am working in HR at the Ernst & Young (the land of financiers & accountants!) office out there. The most "I'm working in London" part of the job (I guess besides the British people and their accents - but that's already sounding like normal to me now!!) is the view from my desk of Big Ben and the London Eye! Pretty cool!


Overall, we are both quite happy where we have landed job-wise and I guess over the next few months we’ll see how it goes!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home